Data Insight Team Manager
Mostly remote with occasional working from office in Leicester
Are you a real team leader with deep data understanding and experience with strategy and insight? Can you understand SQL and Power BI? Are you able to work towards leading a team on strategy for data use and data quality to help drive forward the charity in the future?
Charity People is a proud partner with this major Association to find an aspiring data leader for their team of experts. Are you ready to manage a team of 3 and use your experience with data insight to work with the charity departments and train towards delivering strategy and guidance in best practice for data excellence? You’ll need good understanding and knowledge of database use, SQL writing and Power BI software. Supportive training and progression in leadership can be provided for the right candidate with strong data background and potential for greatness!
Main purpose of the role
This role leads the Supporter Insight team to deliver bespoke audience data analysis and forecasting (using methods such as multi-channel engagement tracking, lifetime value analysis, attrition monitoring, profiling and segmentation) to inform supporter marketing and engagement strategy and planning. In addition, the role facilitates high quality data management and leads data quality and integrity projects. You will train and develop towards full management capabilities to strategise and plan across teams.
* Lead the supporter insight team, providing expertise advice and leadership to achieve optimum results.
* Inform the end-to-end development and delivery of marketing activities, by sharing previous learnings, designing testing, evaluating performance and proactively identifying improvements.
* Support colleagues to develop a fuller understanding of audience behaviour/ motivations/drivers/ triggers in order to engage with them in ways that are relevant, inspiring and targeted to meet their needs.
* Collaborate closely with senior managers to understand key business challenges and design reporting and analysis projects to uncover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimisation opportunities.
* Maintain data integrity and quality by supporting maintenance and cleaning of the database and ensuring consistency of use. Proactively identify gaps in current data collection and work collaboratively with colleagues to develop approaches that are more effective.
* Oversee the data selection process and ensure the legal basis for processing individual data is adhered too.
* Champion CRM (Salesforce) with colleagues and departments to maximise use by answering queries and advising on functionality, in close collaboration with the IE team.
* Work closely with peers, colleagues and stakeholders to effectively plan and implement an integrated program of activity in response to organisational change and growth.
This charity provides some fantastic staff benefits and has an incredible flexible working policy. The role can be mainly homebased with travel to Leicester for meetings & training when needed- approximately every 6 weeks.
25 days AL + additional Christmas closure and allowance to work from abroad for 2 weeks per year.
For more information on this exciting opportunity, please contact Lucy at Charity People – email@example.com
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.