Individual Giving Manager
Victoria, Central London
Charity People are delighted to have partnered with a FareShare in their search for an Individual Giving Manager.
This is a newly created, influential role and an opportunity to grow and shape a team very much at the start of its journey. During a time when the cost-of-living crisis is spiralling, this role will have a huge impact in touching thousands, possibly millions, of people’s lives. FareShare are a national network of charitable food redistributors, made up of 18 independent organisations. Together, they take good quality surplus food from right across the food industry and get it to almost 10,000 front-line charities and community groups. The COVID-19 pandemic has shone a spotlight on the issue of food security in the UK and with it the charity’s ability to get food to vulnerable communities. During 2021, they distributed 120 million meals reaching over 1 million people
This is a new role created specifically to help deliver and manage FareShare’s ambitious supporter recruitment and development programme. You will take responsibility for the development and implementation of the Individual Giving team’s direct marketing programme, along with developing and implementing a calendar of supporter acquisition and retention activities across digital and traditional channels in line with agreed workplans and budget targets. You will build and implement a framework for testing and rolling out supporter acquisition and retention strategies and keep up to date on the latest trends and techniques in fundraising and apply learnings as appropriate on new and existing supporter acquisition initiatives.
- Previous experience in multi-channel managing direct marketing campaigns, with knowledge of the latest trends and techniques in supporter acquisition and retention across multiple channels
- Demonstrable track record in planning, implementing and managing multi-channel direct marketing campaigns
- Experience of developing and managing lottery fundraising products Demonstrable track record in generating new income
- Demonstrable experience of strategic planning
- Able to demonstrate being a team player, an ability to work analytically and excellent written and verbal communication skills
Charity People are managing all applications for this role; interested applicants should send their CV to Ben Garner in the first instance.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We want to do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.