Head of Human Resources & Operations
Location: London- Hybrid
Permanent, Full time: 28- 35 hours per week (negotiable)
Salary: Up to £55,000 plus excellent benefits
Benefits: 35 days holiday (pro rata), 11% employer pension contribution, hybrid working and employee assistance scheme.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Senior Management Team (SMT) of a dynamic and growing children’s charity as Head of Human Resources & Operations.
The Catholic Children’s Society (CCS) is a leading provider of mental health services for schools across London and the Southeast. CCS also provides family support and early years education. Their mission is to help those in need to overcome the challenges they face, achieve their potential and have better chances in life. This role will support the next phase of their development and requires someone with a strong background in HR, reporting to the CEO. CCS is an inclusive employer and there is no requirement for the postholder to be Catholic.
About the role:
As Head of Human Resources & Operations, you will work closely with the SMT as the most senior HR professional, providing strategic and operational advice and support to the organisation on all people related practices. The ideal candidate will be adept at working at both a strategic and operational level and will be happy to be ‘hands on’ and flexible.
- Manage and review all HR policies and provide leadership towards change. Develop relevant structures and processes to maximise organisational effectiveness.
- Work with the charity’s HR Coordinator, as well as Service Managers, to recruit counsellors and therapists to work in schools. Manage recruitment needs across the organisation and champion the profile of CCS amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Remuneration Committee and SMT to create processes for pay reviews and staff remuneration, as well as performance management systems to address any issues or concerns.
- Work with the Office Manager to ensure all CCS office space, centres and sites comply with statutory regulations relating to health and safety (training can be provided).
- Work closely with the charity’s external IT provider and the in-house Digital Development Officer to oversee IT and digital development across the organisation.
We are looking for someone with a passion for making a difference. It is a unique opportunity to play a leading role in developing key areas of CCS’s work to create a solid platform for continued growth. Ultimately this will help ensure many more disadvantaged children and families can access the support they need.
This opportunity would be ideal for a motivated and experienced HR professional looking to progress in their career and take on a varied and rewarding role.
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please share a copy of your CV and Supporting Statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your profile fits what we’re looking for, Kate will be in touch with lots more details and to arrange a confidential conversation.
Closing Date: 9am on Monday 3rd October
1st Stage Interview: 6th or 7th October
Final Stage Interview: 12th or 13th October